Social media platforms enable us to share our stories with the whole world. Therefore, it has become an important marketing tool for all company sizes. Of course, we use Social media for networking and sharing company updates, but it also plays a massive role in humanizing brands and building/restoring brand reputation by establishing connections.
If you are not active on social platforms as an entrepreneur, you may miss out on establishing brand awareness among potential customers, partners, and other future stakeholders and the opportunity to engage and connect with your audience to build a community.
One of the most effective ways to build a strong brand presence and community is by continuously engaging your customers in creative ways using social media. Here’s how:
- Recognition – The thrill of seeing your brand’s name come up in someone else’s Instagram or Facebook post is something to be cherished. Achieving recognition with customers or influencers can take many forms, but it all boils down to a simple truth: if you’re good at what you do and make people feel appreciated, they will share the products or services they enjoy with their peers online. As a result, recognition will naturally follow suit as more followers spread the word about how great your work is!
2. Engagement – keeping the audience mentioned above interested by providing them with the information they want (e.g., information, entertainment, community) from your website blog (if applicable) is not enough; you need to start conversations or discussions that your audience wants to participate in. Give them a voice and make sure they are heard.
Community Management – respond quickly to comments and posts from users via the same channels. Share UGC (User Generated Content) in a fun and engaging way. Build a relationship with your potential customer.
4. Service – helping users solve issues through the same platform where they seek your help, providing them with helpful information when they need it can make someone’s day. (e.g., delivery delays).
5. Product Sampling and Giveaways – It shouldn’t be your primary strategy, but giving away samples of your products/services to generate word-of-mouth advertising does work. Giveaways encourage your target audience to start following you, but this could be a temporary gain. The objective is to create more awareness; a benefit is using the UGC of the giveaway winners/participants.
6 IG Live collabs – Link up and organize Instagram Live sessions about topics relevant for your business to grow your following and attract a new audience to visit your website and learn more about your products/services, as well as sharing the content with their contacts
7. Comments – reacting to posts about topics relevant to your business and leaving comments on posts. Chances are they will interact with your content, too, if they like it.
8 Hashtag Research – analyzing social hashtags to discover what people are talking about and choosing relevant hashtags for your business. The right hashtags will increase your reach.
If you liked this post or found it helpful, please share it! You can also leave questions or comments below.
Contact us for a free consultation.